Check our current schedule for when this class is happening.
Drop-in cost is $15 or use your CSS Punch Pass.
These classes are based on the Sivananda tradition of yoga as modified by Swami Vishnudevananda who recommended a daily practice of the 12 Basic Asanas
Class will focus breathing exercises (breath of fire and alternate nostril breathing), sun salutations and a variety of the 12 Basic Asanas. Classes end with a relaxation practice, essential to gaining the most benefit from your practice. Classes are gentle enough for beginners, and challenging enough for more advanced yoga practitioners. All levels of experience are welcome.
The student will gain an understanding of:
- Full yogic breathing and two other breathing practices
- The Sun salutation
- The basic postures of the Sivananda system
- Proper relaxation
References will be made periodically to the book, Yoga Mind and Body by the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centre, which is a great resource on many aspects of yoga.
- Increase and maintain flexibility of the spine, toning and rejuvenating the nervous system.
- Bring flexibility to joints and muscles of the body, massage glands and organs, and improve circulation.
- Promote steadiness of the mind and balanced emotions.
- Purify and strengthen energetic pathways throughout the body.
Taught by Certified Yoga Instructor, Aislinn Stirling