Nia combines concepts from Martial Arts, Dance Arts and Healing Arts, together with soulful music and awareness of movement into each class. Classes are guided in form and principal, yet students are encouraged to listen to their own bodies and find freedom in their own joy of movement. Nia teaches people of all lifestyles to use the sensation of pleasure as a map toward physical, mental and emotional health. In the end, students leave feeling alive, happy, energized, balanced and blissful. Classes are taken barefoot in comfortable clothes.
- Neuromuscular Integrative Actions that improve mind/body/spirit wellness.
- Whole-body conditioning that is fun, safe and personalized to the student’s own level of fitness.
- Increases heart rate and promotes cardiovascular health benefits.
- Awareness of one’s own body in the space (kinesthetic movement).
- Facilitates the connection of breath to movement.
- Encourages self-expression and helps to improve self-esteem.
- Increases muscle tone and strengthens from the inside out.
- Enhances flexibility.
- Facilitates healing through movement.
Taught by Johanna Tiemessen, Blue Belt Nia Teacher, email@example.com