This 5-week pre-registred session will run September 8 – October 13 (no class Sept 29). Classes are Thursdays from 4:15 – 5:15. Cost is $65 for the 5-week session. Email Johanna to register. email@example.com
This mindful movement class is for kids aged 7-12 who love to move! Kids are naturally spirited and this class will encourage them to move in a mindful way, listening to their bodies and guided by the joy of movement.
Nia combines concepts from Martial Arts, Dance Arts and Healing Arts, together with soulful music and awareness of movement into each class. Students will gain a deeper understanding of their breath and how it connects with their movements, how to use energy in a mindful way to “rev up their engines” and most importantly, how to use breath to “bring their engines down”. In the end, students leave feeling alive, happy, energized, balanced and blissful.
Classes are taken barefoot in comfortable clothes.
Nia is super fun and without knowing it, kids will gain the following benefits:
- Neuromuscular Integrative Actions that improve mind/body/spirit wellness.
- Whole-body conditioning that is fun, safe and personalized to the student’s own level of fitness.
- Increases heart rate and promotes cardiovascular health benefits.
- Awareness of one’s own body in the space (kinesthetic movement).
- Facilitates the connection of breath to movement.
- Encourages self-expression and helps to improve self-esteem.
- Increases muscle tone and strengthens from the inside out.
- Enhances flexibility.
- Facilitates healing through movement.
Taught by Johanna Tiemessen, Blue Belt Nia Teacher, firstname.lastname@example.org